5/4/12

SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)



Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

A word  that I was introduced to when I reached United Kingdom. I was given the rough idea, definitions and different clauses attached to it. Do not by perturbed by the acronym of the word, indeed there was something sad about this word.

SAD is a disorder that human beings go though when there is a change in weather, change in weather sounds so casual, so let me repeat myself here, When there is a drastic change in weather and weather tends to take major part of your life, your moods, your topic of discussions, basically anything that affects a life cycle. I would not like to include animals in this chain of victim hood as they are smart enough not to attribute too much of importance to a simple natural thing called weather. But we humans are different, so here I am discussing weather on my blog. Yes, I am finally getting affected by SAD.

When you get up in the morning, you see rain, some water drops falling of the roof top. That should sound poetic and beautiful . Now multiply that with every day of you life for next 3 months. Lets fast forward this : So I get up, see the drops and stare at the window, next day again I get up , see the drops and stare at the window. By the 14th day, I would have stopped staring instead I would stop seeing the window and get up with a gloomy face. You should ask, Why? When ?> How ? Its a simple act of getting up, but I do not know and I would not like to know ( let the neuro-scientist and the consciousness camps work on this aspect) why a simple act of seeing rain , and mind you I have not even decided whether to venture out in the wonderful weather, spoils a persons mood.
And by end of 2 nd month, yes you would be depressed, and blaming the weather, taking all kind of self help books, resorting to all group activities and finally eating sweets and junk food. I like to think weather is working in favour of corporate world, it works in collaboration with the TNC, trans-national companies.That's the only reason I can see for this weird cycle of events.

So here I am blaming the weather, for all the bad things happening in my life. Since I am doing a simple act of blaming weather, one should always remember that one tends to exaggerate when one is suffering from SAD. Its funny and tragic at the same time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment