6/23/11

blue... berry nights

It takes time to think when one has Jude law as an actor in a movie: but I guess other than the smile he had something beyond his looks here: my blueberry nights … another stint by Wong kar ki, and I thought why not give it a try. Honestly I dint expect English actors so it was a shock for me. I was complacent with the Chinese and Korean actors. There is something about them I never feel they are acting; I always feel they are telling a story.
So yes, my blueberry had lot of mysteries to solve. It’s about people and how people deal with their circumstances. Some tell stories, some collect keys, some drink and some play … and then there are the passive sorts: who play the most important part of listening …
Everyone gets to play this role once: the act of listening, listening to something you have no clue. Trying to be part of a situation, you can never fathom. And yet they do the part ….
I never knew Norah Jones could act; she was just the prefect misfit and she eating blueberry pie the most beautiful scene.
Is it the music or clear sense of motion that makes his movie different? I would still say I prefer the Chinese cast. Somehow I guess the Hollywood brings a gap or some sort of void which forces me to start thinking whereas in other movies, I could always find my own spot. but yes , as usual , it had some great music and some beautiful lines … from do these guys find these lines … all of us have said these lines , but very few dare to use it in public .., such vulnerable and romantic lines…
I loved the end for a change: I dint want the actors to be separated again. There is this sense of consolation that life is unfair anyhow. But once in blue moon (say once in a blueberry pie) I would like to see some things to be set right …
This movie did that for me … ;)

1 comment:

  1. I must have watched this movie more than a couple of times, and every time I watch it, it feels like those times when you want to say much, but words are just insufficient to express them. Like you can never say it enough.

    ReplyDelete